Carpets add comfort and style to any home, but they can also be a breeding ground for dirt, dust, and allergens. This is especially true in high-traffic areas, such as hallways, stairs, and the living room. If these areas are not properly cleaned on a regular basis, they can become worn and uneven, leading to the need for early replacement.
Here are some tips for keeping your high-traffic areas looking their best:
- Vacuum regularly. This is the most important thing you can do to keep your carpets clean. Vacuum at least once a week, and more often if you have pets or children.
- Spot clean spills immediately. The longer a spill sits, the harder it will be to remove. Blot up spills with a clean cloth as soon as possible.
- Deep clean your carpets at least once a year. A professional deep cleaning will remove dirt, dust, and allergens that are trapped deep in the carpet fibers.
When choosing a professional carpet cleaning service, be sure to ask about the type of cleaning process they use. Some services use harsh chemicals that can damage your carpets. Others use more environmentally friendly methods, such as hot water extraction or steam cleaning.
If you have pets, be sure to ask about the pet odor removal process. Some services use ozone generators to remove pet odors. Others use enzymes that break down odor-causing molecules.
By following these tips, you can keep your high-traffic areas looking their best for years to come.
Here are some additional benefits of deep carpet cleaning:
- Improved air quality. Deep carpet cleaning removes dirt, dust, and allergens from the carpet fibers, which can improve indoor air quality.
- Reduced allergy symptoms. People with allergies can experience relief from symptoms such as sneezing, coughing, and wheezing after deep carpet cleaning.
- Increased home value. A clean and well-maintained home is more likely to sell for a higher price.
If you are considering deep carpet cleaning, look no further than Apex Chem-Dry. Schedule your FREE estimate for professional carpet cleaning today!